- April 1, 2021
- Posted by: calldcurry
- Categories: Blog, News
Did you know that this month of April is Stress Awareness Month? I can tell you when that came up on my calendar, I was like wow! Is this a message to me to take a moment and see about myself? I love this topic for stress is one of those things that can attack your mind, body, and spirit pushing your in the wrong direction. When you are in the business of seeing about other people, it is easy to forget about seeing about yourself. It’s a great time to practice some much needed Self Care.
Here a just a few ways to combat stress according to CouselingFoundation.org:
- Talk and listen to friends, family and colleagues.
- Be nice to those around you who are feeling stressed and anxious
- Look after yourself – we all need to think more about self-care.
- Discover a way to relax and do something that you enjoy.
- Exercise! Whether you cycle, run, swim, join a yoga class, the benefits are strongest when you exercise regularly.
Did you know activities — such as walking or jogging — that involve repetitive movements of large muscle groups can be particularly stress relieving.
Take some time this month to do a few things that you love to do like cooking your favorite dishes, how about getting out and getting some sun. Only you know when your mind & body need a break from the day to day. I love to get in my garden and talk to my plants and travel the world whenever possible!